Computer is not an acronym, it is a word derived from a word “compute” which means to calculate. So, in simple words you can say that computer is an electronic device which is used for fast calculation.
Some people say that COMPUTER stands for Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research. It is only a myth because first this definition does not make any sense and second when the computers were invented they were just calculating machines which need a lot of space for establishment.
“A computer is a general purpose electronic device that is used to perform arithmetic and logical operations automatically. A computer consists of a central processing unit and some form of memory.”
- COMPUTER = Arithmetical Logical Unit (ALU) + Control Unit (CU)
- ALU: Arithmetic Logical Unit is used to carry out arithmetic and logical operation.
- CU: Control unit is used to change the order of operations in response to stored information.
Categorization on the basis of technology
- Digital Computer
- Analog Computer
- Hybrid Computer
Categorization on the basis of generation
- First generation computers: (1940-1956) based on Vacuum tubes.
- Second generation computers: (1956-1963) based on Transistors
- Third generation computers: (1964-1971) based on Integrated Circuits
- Forth generation computers: (1971- Present) Based on Microprocessors
- Fifth generation computers: (Present and Beyond) based on Artificial Intelligence
There are many types of computers available on the basis of their working areas: Super computer, work frames, personal computer, desktops, laptops, palmtops etc.
Charles Babbage, an English mechanical specialist and polymath, began the idea of a programmable PC. Considered the “father of the PC”, he conceptualized and designed the main mechanical PC in the mid nineteenth century.
Who id father of computer?
Charles Babbage was viewed as the dad of registering after his idea, and afterward the creation of the Analytical Engine in 1837. The Analytical Engine contained an ALU (number juggling rationale unit), fundamental stream control, and incorporated memory; hailed as the main universally useful PC idea.
What is computer machine or device?
A computer is a machine or gadget that performs procedures, computations and activities dependent on guidelines gave by a product or equipment program. It is intended to execute applications and gives an assortment of arrangements by consolidating incorporated equipment and programming parts.
What is computer CPU & Why CPU called the brain of computer?
The Computer Brain. The computer is a chip called the central processing unit (CPU). The CPU is a chip containing a large number of small transistors. It’s the CPU’s business to play out the counts important to make the computer work – the transistors in the CPU control the information.
What is the language of a computer?
A programming language is a jargon and set of linguistic guidelines for training a computer or figuring gadget to perform explicit assignments. The term programming language for the most part alludes to elevated level dialects, for example, BASIC, C, C++, COBOL, Java, FORTRAN, Ada, and Pascal.
For what reason do we need a computer?
Computer can cause our business to become simpler. They can be utilized for communicational purposes (web), to store and figure information and to review monstrous reports on different occasions while just expecting to review it once. Others use computers for diversion esteem; to mess around, watch motion pictures and play music and so on.
- Mainframe Computer
- Personal Computer (PC) A computer designed for general use by a single person.
- Desktop Computer
- PDA (Personal Digital Assistant)
- Server Computer
- Workstation Computer
Computer advantages and disadvantages
Performing various tasks. Performing various tasks is one of the significant favorable positions of computer Speed. Presently computer isn’t only an ascertaining gadget. Cost/Stores immense measure of information. It is a minimal effort arrangement.
- Information Security.
- Online Cyber Crimes.
- Decrease in work opportunity.
Computer Uses and Its Functions
Computers are utilized to control enormous and little machines which in the past were constrained by people. They are likewise in homes, where they are utilized for things, for example, tuning in to music, perusing the news, and composing. Present day Computers are electronic PC equipment. Computers are utilized in such huge numbers of fields in our day by day life.
The four fundamental elements of computers are: input, stockpiling, preparing, and yield.
Computer perusing glasses are uncommonly made to help decrease eye strain. They have an enemy of intelligent covering to help decrease glare and a tint that assists increment with differentiating for simpler survey. For those of us who as of now wear glasses, solution Computer glasses are likewise accessible.
Computer Hardware & Networking Course
Numerous ideas, methods, and phrasings are instructed in Computer equipment courses. Understudies will figure out how to construct Computers, investigate equipment and programming issues, organizing, well being in the work environment, and fundamental gadgets identified with Computer equipment.
Computer organizing is a method by which Computers are interconnected to share information and data, assets, and all other system.
Computer Maharashtra State Certificate in Information Technology (MSCIT)
Maharashtra State Certificate in Information Technology (MS-CIT) is an Information Technology (IT) proficiency course began by Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) in the year 2001.
Computer Ms-Office (Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-PowerPoint, Ms-Access)
Microsoft Office, or just Office, is a gathering of client programming, server programming, and organizations … Microsoft Word: a word processor associated with Microsoft Office and a couple of renditions … The principle variation of Word, released in the pre-winter of 1983, was for the MS-DOS working system and familiar the PC mouse with more customers.
Probably the greatest advantage of Excel is its essential capacity: The capacity to arrange a lot of information into deliberate, sensible spreadsheets and outlines. With the information sorted out, it’s significantly simpler to break down and digest, particularly when used to make diagrams and other visual information portrayals.
PowerPoint (PPT) is an presentation program, made by Robert Gaskins and Dennis Austin at affiliation named Forethought.
Microsoft Access database the executives framework lets you make database applications on your PC. Oversee information with database programming – find MS Access DBMS.
Computer Science (CS) is the investigation of Computers and computational frameworks. Not at all like electrical and Computer engineers, Computer researchers manage programming and programming frameworks; this incorporates their hypothesis, plan, advancement, and application.
Computer Engineering (CE) is a part of designing that incorporates a few fields of software engineering and electronic designing required to create Computer equipment and programming.
Basic knowledge of computer
Computer Knowledge – Main Parts of Computer. Computer equipment is the thing that you can genuinely contact incorporates the Computer case, screen, console, and mouse. It likewise incorporates all the parts inside the Computer case, for example, the hard plate drive, motherboard, video card, and numerous others
Accessories a console and mouse might be fundamental so as to work your Computer. Others -, for example, illustrations tablets and scanner tag per users – might be helpful for expert errands. Computer adornments are additionally called Computer peripherals and can incorporate printers and scanners and capacity gadgets.
A Computer Programmer is a talented expert who codes, tests, investigates, and keeps up the thorough guidelines known as PC programs that gadgets ought to follow to execute their capacities. Computer Programmer is additionally alluded to as a developer, coder, designer, or programming engineer.
Computer shortcut keys
Rundown of fundamental PC easy route keys:-
- Alt + F- – File menu choices in the present program.
- Alt + E- – Edits choices in the present program.
- F1- – Universal assistance (for any kind of program).
- Ctrl + A- – Selects all content.
- Ctrl + X- – Cuts the chose thing.
- Ctrl + Del- – Cut chosen thing.
- Ctrl + C- – Copy the chose thing.
- Ctrl + Ins- – Copy the chose thing.
- Ctrl + V- – Paste the chose thing.
- Move + Ins – Paste the chose thing.
- Home – Takes the client to the start of the present line.
- Ctrl + Home- – Go to the start of the record.
- End – Go as far as possible of the present line.
- Ctrl + End – Go as far as possible of a report.
- Move + Home – Highlight from current situation to start of the line.
- Move + End – Highlight from current situation to stopping point.
- Ctrl + (Left bolt) – Move each word to one side in turn.
- Ctrl + (Right bolt) – Move each word to one side in turn.
Microsoft Windows alternate way keys list:-
- Alt + Tab – Switch between open applications.
- Alt + Shift + Tab – Switch in reverse between open applications.
- Alt + Print Screen – Create screen capture for the present program.
- Ctrl + Alt + Del – Reboot/Windows task supervisor.
- Ctrl + Esc – Bring up the beginning menu.
- Alt + Esc – Switch between applications on the taskbar.
- F2:- Rename chosen symbol.
- F3:- Start find from the work area.
- F4 :- Open the drive choice when perusing.
- F5 – Refresh substance.
- Alt + F4 – Close current open program.
- Ctrl + F4 – Close window in program.
- Ctrl + Plus Key- – Automatically change widths of all sections in Windows Explorer.
- Alt + Enter – Open properties window of chose symbol or program.
- Move + F10 – Simulate right-click on chosen thing.
- Move + Del – Delete programs/documents forever.
Word alternate route keys
- Ctrl + A – Select all substance of the page.
- Ctrl + B – Bold featured choice.
- Ctrl + C – Copy chosen content.
- Ctrl + X – Cut chosen content.
- Ctrl + N – Open new/clear archive.
- Ctrl + O – Open choices.
- Ctrl + P – Open the print window.
- Ctrl + F – Open discover box.
- Ctrl + I – Italicize featured choice.
- Ctrl + K – Insert connect.
- Ctrl + U – Underline featured determination.
- Ctrl + V – Paste.
- Ctrl + Y – Redo the last activity performed.
- Ctrl + Z – Undo last activity.
- Ctrl + G – Find and supplant choices.
- Ctrl + H – Find and supplant choices.
- Ctrl + J – Justify passage arrangement.
- Ctrl + L – Align chosen content or line to one side.
- Ctrl + Q – Align chosen section to one side.
- Ctrl + E – Align chosen content or line to the middle.
- Ctrl + R – Align chosen content or line to one side.
- Ctrl + M – Indent the passage.
- Ctrl + T – Hanging indent.
- Ctrl + D – Font choices.
- Ctrl + Shift + F :- Change the text style.
- Ctrl + Shift + > – Increase chosen text style +1.
- Ctrl + ] – Increase chosen textual style +1.
- Ctrl + [ – Decrease chosen textual style – 1.
- Ctrl + Shift + * – View or stow away non printing characters.
- Ctrl + (Left bolt) – Move single word to one side.
- Ctrl + (Right bolt) – Move single word to one side.
- Ctrl + (Up bolt) – Move to the start of the line or passage.
- Ctrl + (Down bolt) – Move as far as possible of the passage.
- Ctrl + Del – Delete word to one side of the cursor.
- Ctrl + Backspace – Delete word to one side of the cursor.
- Ctrl + End – Move cursor to end of the report.
- Ctrl + Home – Move cursor to the start of the archive.
- Ctrl + Space – Reset featured content to default text style.
- Ctrl + 1 – Single-space lines.
- Ctrl + 2 – Double-space lines.
- Ctrl + 5 – 1.5-line dispersing.
- Ctrl + Alt + 1 Change content to heading 1.
- Ctrl + Alt + 2 Change content to heading 2.
- Ctrl + Alt + 3 Change content to heading 3.
- F1 – Open assistance.
- Move + F3 – Change instance of chosen content.
- Move + Insert – Paste.
- F4 – Repeat the last activity performed (Word 2000+).
- F7 – Spell check chosen content and additionally report.
- Move + F7 – Activate the thesaurus.
- F12 – Save as.
- Ctrl + S – Save.
- Move + F12 – Save.
- Alt + Shift + D – Insert the present date.
- Alt + Shift + T – Insert the present time.
- Ctrl + W – Close report.
Outlook shortcut keys
- Alt + S – Send the email.
- Ctrl + C – Copy chosen content.
- Ctrl + X – Cut chosen content.
- Ctrl + P – Open print exchange box.
- Ctrl + K – Complete name/email composed in address bar.
- Ctrl + B – Bold featured choice.
- Ctrl + I – Italicize featured choice.
- Ctrl + U – Underline featured choice.
- Ctrl + R – Reply to an email.
- Ctrl + F – Forward an email.
- Ctrl + N – Create another email.
- Ctrl + Shift + A – Create another arrangement to your schedule.
- Ctrl + Shift + O :- Open the outbox.
- Ctrl + Shift + I (Open the inbox)
- Ctrl + Shift + K – Add another errand.
- Ctrl + Shift + C – Create another contact.
- Ctrl + Shift+ J – Create another diary passage.
- WINKEY + D – Bring work area to the highest point of different windows.
- WINKEY + M – Minimize all windows.
- WINKEY + SHIFT + M – Undo the limit done by WINKEY + M and WINKEY + D.
- WINKEY + E – Open Microsoft Explorer.
- WINKEY + Tab – Cycle through open projects on the taskbar.
- WINKEY + F – Display the Windows Search/Find highlight.
- WINKEY + CTRL + F – Display the quest for PCs window.
- WINKEY + R – Open the run window.
- WINKEY + Pause/Break – Open the framework properties window.
- WINKEY + U – Open utility administrator.
- WINKEY + L – Lock the PC (Windows XP and later).
Common Operating Machine particularly used for Technological Engineering Research.
U= United and used under
T= Technical and
A computer is an electronic device which is used to solve arithmetic and logical operations
ALL COMPUTER RELATED FULL FORM List:
1. What is full form of PC?
2. What is full form of PDF?
Portable Document Format
3. What is full form of Perl?
Practical Extraction and Report Language
4. What is full form of Ping?
Packet Internet Groper
5. What is full form of PNG?
Portable Network Graphics
6. What is full form of Prolog?
Programming in Logic
7. What is full form of PT?
8. What is full form of GIF?
Quicken Interchange Format
9. What is full form of Qrcode?
Quick Response Code
10. What is full form of RAM?
Random Access Memory
11. What is full form of ROM?
Read Only Memory
12. What is full form of Rss?
Really Simple Syndication
13. What is full form of SATA?
Serial Advanced Technology Attachment
14. What is full form of SEO?
Search Engine Optimization
15. What is full form of SIM?
Subscriber Identity Module
16. What is full form of SMIL?
Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language
17. What is full form of SMS?
Short Message Service
18. What is full form of SOS?
Send Out Succour
19. What is full form of SQL?
Structured Query Language
20. What is full form of SSL?
Secure Sockets Layer
21. What is full form of TB?
22. What is full form of TFT?
Thin Film Transister
23. What is full form of TIFF?
Tagged Image File Format
24. What is full form of UPS?
Uninterrupted Power Supply
25. What is full form of URL?
Uniform Resource Locator
26. What is full form of USB?
Universal Serial Bus
27. What is full form of VB?
28. What is full form of VBR?
Variable Bit Rate
29. What is full form of VBS?
Visual Basic Script
30. What is full form of VCD?
Video Compaq Disk
31. What is full form of virus?
Vital Information Resources Under Seize
32. What is full form of VLC?
Video LAN Client
33. What is full form of WAP?
Wireless Application Protocol
34. What is full form of WiFi?
35. What is full form of WMA?
Windows Media Audio
36. What is full form of WMV?
Windows Media Video
37. What is full form of WWW?
World Wide Web
38. What is full form of XBL?
Xml Binding Language
39. What is full form of XML?
Extensible Markup Language
40. What is full form of YT?
41. What is full form of ZB?
42. What is full form of ZIP?
Zone Improvement Plan
I hope above information its helps you!
• What is the full form of M.O.U.S.E.?
• What is full form of laptop?
• What is the full form of wifi?
• What is the full form of a word in a computer?
• What is a full form of virus?
• What is the full form of keyboard?
• What is the full form of a computer, the internet, IPS, and ISO?
• What is full form of windows?
• What is the full form of mouse?
• What is the full form of RAM?
• What is the full form of W.W.W.?
• What is the full form of Google?
• What is the full form of Google NA?
• What is the full form of HTML?
• What is the full name of a mouse?